We are pleased to announce that Piscataway Public Library will reopen for limited services on Monday, July 20, 2020.
Capacity and services will be reduced per state guidelines and the Library’s reopening plan.
As our Library reopens, we have established guidelines to ensure a safe environment for our patrons and employees. We would like to thank everyone for making the safety of our community a priority!
Library to Go, our contact-free pick up service, will remain available.
Questions? Please call us at Kennedy: 732-463-1633 x6 or Westergard: 732-752-1166 x6 or email email@example.com.
Piscataway Public Library will be open to the public from 12-8pm Monday-Wednesday and from 12-4pm Thursday-Saturday.
Computer use will be by appointment. Please review our new guidelines for computer use.
Please call ahead to make your appointment at Kennedy: 732-463-1633 x6 or at Westergard: 732-752-1166 x6. Walk-ins will be accommodated as availability allows.
When you arrive:
If you or a member of your household is currently sick or recently felt unwell, please postpone your visit.
Library capacity maximums will be limited in accordance with state guidelines and may be adjusted subject to changing circumstances.
Kennedy: limited to 65 patrons
Kennedy Children’s Room: limited to 10 patrons
Westergard: limited to 31 patrons
Our staff will be monitoring to ensure this capacity is not exceeded. A queue may form outside.
In accordance with Library policy and state guidelines:
- All patrons over two years of age are required to wear a mask covering their mouth and nose.
- Observe social distancing of at least six feet at all times while in the Library.
- Sanitize your hands upon entering the Library.
If you are unable to wear a mask, please consider using Library to Go, our contact-free pick up service.
In the Library:
- Please limit your visit to 30 minutes or less.
- Browse & borrow - our shelves and checkout desks are open. Please collect your items quickly to allow others to enter the Library. Patrons are encouraged to scan their own library card and books at the checkout desk to minimize contact.
- Information services are available.
- Computers, printing, and scanning are available by appointment, which will be limited to 60 minutes. Limited assistance can be provided.
- Black and white photocopying is available.
- Fax machine use is available at Kennedy Library only.
- Friends Book Store is open, now with a contact-free, cash-only payment box! Please bring small bills as no change will be provided.
Some spaces and services are not yet available:
- Meeting rooms
- Study carrels
- MiY Makerspace
Additionally, there will be no eating or drinking in the Library until further notice.
We continue to offer a robust schedule of programs for adults, children, and teens via Zoom, Facebook, and other online channels. Please visit our calendar for additional details.
Return of Library Items
Items must be returned to the outdoor book drops. Do not bring returns into the Library buildings.
For the safety of patrons and staff, items will be quarantined for a minimum of 72 hours before check-in. Please allow up to 5 days for items to be removed from your record. Fines will not be charged for the quarantine period.
Please Hold Your Book Donations
The Friends of the Piscataway Library are unable to accept book donations at this time. Please consider supporting the Friends by making a donation at pplfriends.org.