With thanks to the Friends of the Piscataway Public Library and generous individual donors, Piscataway Public Library can now offer a limited number of passes and coupons to area museums and destinations for Piscataway residents and library card holders. Some museums have different individual usage policies. Contact the User Services Department at the Kennedy Branch (732-463-1633) with any questions. Scroll through this page to see full details, links to admission information below, and availability of each pass.
Passes or vouchers for these attractions are currently available. These passes and vouchers can be checked out (passes) or picked up (vouchers) at the User Services Desk at Kennedy Library when they are available (not checked out by another patron).
These attractions are currently closed. These passes and vouchers cannot be checked out or picked up at this time.
How may I borrow a museum pass?
- Passes and coupons are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Piscataway residents who are 18 years of age or older with a current Piscataway Public Library card may check out one pass per family. Library card holders must be in good standing to borrow library materials.
- Passes cannot be reserved in advance.
- Museum passes must be returned in person at Kennedy Branch; please do not return these items in any book drop (inside or outside). Entry vouchers do not need to be returned to the Library.
How long may I keep a museum pass?
- Passes may be checked out for 4 days.
- Passes may not be renewed.
- No exceptions will be made due to weather conditions, limited exhibit accessibility, illness, or other unforeseen circumstances. Please plan accordingly.
How much does the museum pass cost?
- Passes are free to borrow.
- The overdue fine is $10.00 per day, not to exceed the replacement cost.
- If not returned within 14 days after the due date, the pass will be presumed lost and borrowers will be charged the full cost. Replacement costs vary according to museum.
- There is an additional charge for lost cases ($10.00) and for lost lanyards ($5.00).
Who can use the museum pass?
- No more than one museum pass at a time may be checked out per family.
- While the individual borrowing the pass must be a Piscataway resident, there is no residency requirement for guests.
- Admission rules vary. Please check the individual museum’s website for the most current and accurate information.
The library currently offers passes to:
- The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University (Philadelphia, PA)
- The Frick Collection (New York, NY)
- Garden State Discovery Museum (Cherry Hill, NJ)
- Insectropolis (Toms River, NJ)
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum (New York, NY)
- Morris Museum (Morristown, NJ)
- Newark Museum of Art (Newark, NJ)
- Popcorn Park Zoo (Forked River, NJ)
But wait, there’s more!
A limited number of free entry vouchers to American Museum of Natural History (New York, NY) and Jenkinson's Aquarium (Point Pleasant Beach, NJ) are available with no return date and no expiration date! Available on a first-come, first-served basis. Available to Piscataway residents who are 18 years of age or older with a current library card. Individuals can request two passes each year; each pass admits one.
Some destinations allow individuals to receive discounts when they present their library card! Liberty Science Center (Jersey City, NJ) provides $3.00 off the walk-up admission rate for anyone who presents their Piscataway Public Library card! (Cannot be combined with other discounts)