How to Be Prepared for an Emergency
The importance of preparing ourselves for disasters is universal. Emergencies can happen anywhere - at home or at work - and everyone must take action to prepare for emergencies in case something unexpected occurs. However, there's no one-size-fits-all solution to being prepared, so take some time to familiarize yourself with the resources below.
- The State of New Jersey's Office of Emergency Management has helpful guides and information available online
- The Federal Government has even more information - while you may not need to know what to do when a volcano erupts, they have excellent guides on financial prepareness, cybersecurity, how to talk to your kids about emergencies, and much more
- Don't forget about your furry friends - check out these preparedness guides from the ASPCA, the Red Cross, and ready.gov
- The Piscataway Public Library is available as a convenient heating and cooling center during normal hours of operations.
- The Piscataway Township Office of Emergency Management is the Township’s official lifeline to federal, state, and county resources should a need arise to mobilize and help Piscataway residents. Visit their website.