National Pizza Week starts the second Sunday in January – this year, it starts on January 10. Check out one of the titles below to celebrate with your Piscataway Public Library. Place a hold online or using the LMxPRESS PLUS app, or give us a call at Kennedy or Westergard to have a library staff member pull the title for you. From picture books to cookbooks, pick up a new book for you or your family – takeout only, no delivery. Check out these hot and ready reads:
- Secret Pizza Party by Adam Rubin, the author of Dragons Love Tacos – While Raccoon is eating pizza at his secret pizza party, he sees a masquerade going on next door and joins the fun. You can also borrow the movie, or the read-along movie version, on hoopla.
- Pizza for the Queen by Nancy Castaldo – Based on the true story of Raffaele Esposito, this book includes a recipe! In 1889, Chef Raffaele Esposito makes the best pizza in all of Napoli! It is so good that even Queen Margherita herself has requested a taste.
- Mitzvah Pizza by Sarah Lynn Scheerger – Missy is trying to decide what to buy when she meets a new friend and learns she can buy pizza for people who cannot afford a slice.
- Hold the Anchovies! A Book About Pizza by Shelley Rotner – Learn about the ingredients that are used to make pizza! Includes recipes.
- Babies Don’t Eat Pizza by Dianne Danzig – A book for older children to learn about their newborn siblings.
- Extra Cheese, Please! Mozzarella’s Journey from Cow to Pizza by Cris Peterson – When Annabelle the cow gives birth to her calf, she also begins to produce milk, which eventually ends up on a pizza!
- Zorgoochi Intergalactic Pizza: Delivery of Doom by Dan Yaccarino – Newly responsible for delivering pizza all over the galaxy, Luno and his friends, an intelligent garlic bulb, and a robot pizza oven, go on dangerous delivery adventures.
- World Pizza by Cece Meng – Mama misspeaks while wishing on a star, wishing for world pizza instead of world peace. Soon there’s pizza everywhere!
- Wolfie Monster and the Big Bad Pizza Battle by Joey Ellis – When the most successful businessman ever, tries to take over every store in town, Wolfie Monster and his brothers must find a way to save Magik Cheez Pizza.
- Nothing Beats a Pizza by Loris Lesynski – Nothing beats a pizza, when you’re in a pizza mood, because a pizza isn’t anything, like any other food. Over 30 poems for kids!
- A Pizza the Size of the Sun: Poems by Jack Prelutsky – With colorful illustrations, these humorous poems are a laugh for the whole family. You can also borrow this volume of poetry as an audiobook on CD.
- Pizza, Pigs, and Poetry: How To Write a Poem by Jack Prelutsky – This fun guide, filled with poetry exercises, ideas, projects, and pointers, teaches readers how to write poetry. Borrow the ebook from hoopla.
- My Pizza: The Easy No-Knead Way To Make Spectacular Pizza At Home by Jim Lahey – Make professional-quality pizza at home, no kneading required!
- Serious Eater : A Food Lover’s Perilous Quest For Pizza And Redemption by Ed Levine – Levine is the founder of SeriousEats.com and the host of the Serious Eats podcast, Special Sauce. This book includes recipes by J. Kenji López-Alt of The Food Lab and Stella Parks of BraveTart.
- Wolfgang Puck’s Pizza, Pasta, and More! by Wolfgang Puck – the title says it all!
Are these titles not cheesy enough for you? Explore the pizzariffic holdings of all 32 LMxAC Libraries.