Did you set a reading goal at the beginning of the year? I aimed to read 50 books in 2020, and I was off to a good start, having finished six books by the end of January, but we all know what happened next… Right now I’m at 41 print and audiobook titles combined.
Here are some short books – mostly under 200 pages – to help get you closer to your goal. One of our digital content providers, hoopla, also created a list of quick reads – downloadable audiobooks under four hours – so you can skip the trip and get right to listening.
- The Bramble and the Rose by Tom Bouman
This title is also available as an audiobook on CD from other LMxAC libraries.
- The Death of Jesus by J.M. Coetzee
- Swimming in the Dark by Tomasz Jedrowski
- Temporary by Hilary Leichter
- Weather by Jenny Offill
This title is also available in large print.
- Fight Back with Joy: Celebrate More, Regret Less, Stare Down Your Greatest Fears by Margaret Feinberg
This title is also available as a downloadable audiobook from hoopla.
- Degrees of Difference: Reflections of Women of Color on Graduate School by Kimberly D. McKee and Denise A. Delgado
- Quitting Plastic: Easy and Practical Ways to Cut Down on the Plastic in Your Life by Clara Williams Roldan with Louise Williams
- How to Be an Artist by Jerry Saltz
- Going Home: A Walk Through Fifty Years of Occupation by Raja Shehadeh
Share your 2020 reading goals, and how you did, in the comments below. Have any plans for 2021? We’ll be back soon with some suggestions!