Have some days off coming up? Want to make sure you’re prepared for a sudden snow storm?
We’ve compiled a list of lists of the best books of 2018! Check one, or two, or all of them, out.
- Washington Post has a list that can be found here, saying “of all the outstanding titles that grabbed our attention this year, these 10 stood out”
- Esquire has a “so far” list, because there is still a month left!
- Publisher’s Weekly published their list of Top 10 books and their Children’s Picks online, and I’ll let you in on a secret – your librarian probably checks out their reviews throughout the year to decide what to buy for the library!
- The Goodreads Choice Awards are the only major book awards that are decided by winners. They have shortlists in many categories, and the final awards are announced December 4th. If you don’t use Goodreads already, it’s a great way to log your reading, if you’re into that
- The Best Books We Can’t Wait to Read This Year list from Refinery29 comes with a bonus – it lists most-recently released books first, so even the most voracious readers should find something new
- Best Books of 2018 from “life made easy” magazine Real Simple – don’t like the slideshow format? Scroll down for a full list
Looking for formal awards and accolades?
- The National Book Awards winners were just announced – if you’re looking for the longlist of fiction finalists, The New Yorker has it here
- The Man Booker Prize longlist can be found here – the winner is Milkman by Anna Burns
- The Pulitzer Prize is administered by Columbia University and awards prizes in the areas of journalism, literature, and music – I read Less by Andrew Sean Greer and thought it was a great read, and I’m excited to check out the work of journalists I may not have previously been familiar with
Having trouble finding something on a list above? Let us know – stop by the Information Desk or give us a call, and we’ll see if we can put it in your hands or on your eReader of choice.
What were your favorite books of 2018?