Bring Your Ideas to MiY
Make It Yourself (MiY) gives residents of all ages access to tools, techniques and hands-on learning experiences that will spark their imaginations and enrich their lives. A particular focus will be given to young people, with the goal of inspiring/nurturing their interest in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). STEM education is increasingly important as students prepare for careers in our 21st century, technology-dependent, global economy. Looking at global technology trends, these learning and "making" experiences are going to be vital for current and future generations.
MiY provides a variety of opportunities for the public to learn new skills, cultivate and prototype new ideas, as well as collaberate with others to create things :
- Weekly makerspace open hours Thurs 3-5p (and by appointment) when visitors can freely use the space to access information, tools and resources to learn or work projects.
- Our annual "Summer of MAKE" intiative which provides children and teens with a stimulating and experience rich environment making STEM based projects and builds.
- Monthly and bi-monthly instructor led activities for children, teens and adults
- Large-scale family-friendly events such as Art-tronics, Cardboard Challenge, and our Mini Maker Exhibition
- Use of our makerspace, by appointment, for individuals and groups (including meetings, demonstrations and tours)
Piscataway Library has always been a destination for consuming content. Now the library is a place you can go to create, too! Questions? Contact Us