Bring Your Ideas to MiY
Make It Yourself (MiY) gives residents of all ages access to tools, techniques and hands-on learning experiences that will spark their imaginations and enrich their lives. A particular focus will be given to young people, with the goal of inspiring/nurturing their interest in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). STEM education is increasingly important as students prepare for careers in our 21st century, technology-dependent, global economy. Looking at global technology trends, these learning and "making" experiences are going to be vital for current and future generations.
MiY provides a variety of opportunities for the public to learn new skills, cultivate and prototype new ideas, as well as collaborate with others to create things :
- Our annual "Summer of MAKE" initiative which provides children and teens with a stimulating and experience rich environment making STEM based projects and builds.
- Monthly and bi-monthly instructor led activities for children, teens and adults
- Large-scale family-friendly events such as Art-tronics, Cardboard Challenge, New Jersey Makers Day and our Mini Maker Exhibition
Piscataway Library has always been a destination for consuming content. Now the library is a place you can go to create, too!
Currently, access for use of our makerspace resources is available by appointment only.
Please contact our MiY makerspace staff at email@example.com to schedule an appointment to use our makerspace resources.
The following area available in our MiY Makerspace for use during our open hours :
- Prusa Mk2 3D Printer
- Printrbot Play 3D Printer
- Glowforge 3D Laser Printer
- Silhouette Cameo
- Singer Sewing Machines (including ironing boards and sewing supplies)
- Snap Circuits
- Dash and Dot Robots
- Vex IQ Robotics Kit
- Finch Robots
- BBC Micro:Bits Micro-Controllers
- Makey Makey
- Oculus Go VR Headset
The following are additional resources available upon request for use in our MiY Makerspace :
- Soldering irons
- Japanese hand saws
- Miter saws
- Portable table saws
- Hand tools (hammers, mallots, screwdrivers, pliers, wire cutters, etc)
- Power drill
- Arduino boards and kits
- Heat press