The Piscataway Public Library was the proud to be a recipient of the Smart Investing@Your Library grant which will allow us to provide a wide array of programs and services to educate the public regarding important financial literacy topics. The focus of our project is the "sandwich generation", or those who may have financial responsibilities for both children and aging parents. This is a fast growing demographic within American society that is having to deal with unique and complex financial stressors and issues.
While provided programs and workshops specific to this group, we encouraged all interested participants to take part in these FREE programs and services. This page serves as a central portal for this financial literacy program; a place where you can find resources to help you with your finances and signup and detail information about our events.
Some of the highlights included:
- Financial Literacy Fairs where you can get information, and meet representatives from, various local, state, federal agencies and non-profits providing services that can assist you
- In-person workshops on topics such as performing a financial checkup, retirement, investment and more at the following locations
- Piscataway Public Library
- Dunellen Public Library
- New Brunswick Public Library
- Piscataway Senior Center
- Evening webinars you can attend from the comfort of your own computer, laptop or mobile device covering a wide array of topics such as saving for college, retirement, investing, dealing with multi-generational financial issues, and more
- A financial literacy family gaming night which will allow attendees to have some fun, enjoy their families, and learn about various types of financial topics and planning
- Lunch and Learn opportunities for local govermnent and business, as well as an all-day training session for library staff to be able to provide quality information and resources across Central New Jersey
- A dedicated Financial Resource Center located at the Kennedy Branch of the Piscataway Public Library with print and web based materials to help you become financially successful!