Please note: Both branches of Piscataway Public Library will close early at 5:00pm on Wednesday, November 22, and will be closed all day on Thursday, November 23, and Friday, November 24 for Thanksgiving.
2nd Annual Local Makers Market
Are you a Piscataway resident or employee of Piscataway Township who makes, crafts, or creates? Join us to promote your business and share your talents with the entire community at our Local Makers Market! Fill out an application here.
On Sunday, March 11, 2018, as part of New Jersey Makers Day weekend, Kennedy Library invites you to have a table at the library from 1-4pm at no charge as an opportunity to share and sell your unique crafts. This event is a great platform for sharing your story as a maker and to connect with other makers in the Piscataway community! Throughout the month leading up to the event, the library can display samples of your work along your contact information at the library, and we’ll include your business in all marketing leading up to New Jersey Makers Day weekend. You’ll also be included in our special directory of local makers.
Vendor opportunity available to Piscataway residents and Piscataway Township employees only. All are welcome to attend the event in March!
The NJ Library Construction Bond Act will be a public question in the General Election on Tuesday, November 7, 2017. Polls will be open from 6:00am until 8:00pm. More information about candidates, platforms, and more information about the public questions can be found on the Department of State website.
Your voice is important. Find out where to vote here!
In November, read a book translated into English (fiction or nonfiction). For recommendations, check out our ARC Booklist at any branch or online at piscatawaylibrary.org/readingchallenges. Don't forget, a prize is awarded each month!
How it works:
- During each month, read a book that fits the chosen challenge category.
- After finishing a read, submit an Adult Reading Challenge entry form found at our Information Desks.
- Each completed entry form will enter you into our Monthly Prize Drawing! Read as much as you can -- there's no limit to monthly entries!
- Extra monthly entries can also be earned by writing a short book review in our Piscataway Recommends notebook by the Information Desk.
- If you complete any of our monthly challenges, you will ALSO be entered to win our GRAND PRIZE chosen at the end of the year! Only one grand prize entry per patron.