Please note: Both branches of Piscataway Library will be closed on Friday, April 27 for our annual Staff Development Day
At the Piscataway Public Library and the Piscataway Public Library Foundation we are constantly striving to make Piscataway a better place to live, work, and play and we believe we can accomplish so much more when we work together.
You are invited to join us for our inaugural Better Together event on Wednesday, April 25th from 5:00-8:30pm. This event will focus on networking and on harnessing our collective power to improve life in and around Piscataway, for everyone.
For more information, please visit http://pwaylibraryfoundation.org/better-together/
Friends 2018 Spring Book Sale
April 18 - April 22, Kennedy Library
- Wednesday, 4/18: 6:30-8:30pm, Preview Night
- Thursday, 4/19: 10:00am-8:30pm, Book Sale
- Friday, 4/20: 10:00am-4:30pm, Book Sale
- Saturday, 4/21: 10:00am-4:30pm, Bag Sale
- Sunday, 4/22: 1:00pm-4:30pm, Bag Sale
Preview Night is specially held for Friends members. Not a member? Visit either Kennedy or Westergard Library to pick up an application.
The Friends of the Library are an independent 501(c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to supporting the Piscataway Library system.
New Jersey Makers Day Recap
Over 1,700 people attended out 4th Annual New Jersey Makers Day which was held on Saturday, March 10 at both Kennedy and Westergard. The Library partnered with over a dozen local makers and maker-based organizations to present STEAM-based education, entertainment, and making opportunities, ranging from origami and watercolor painting to drones, robots, and the opportunity to build a Morse code device!
We thank everyone -- our volunteers, exhibitors, and attendees -- for making New Jersey Makers Day such a success at Piscataway!
In April read a book about True Crime
For recommendations, check out our ARC Booklist at any branch or online at piscatawaylibrary.org/readingchallenges.
The rules are simple:
- During each month, read a book that fits the chosen challenge category. Recommendation lists are available both online and in print at either branch.
- After finishing a book, submit an Adult Reading Challenge entry form found at our Information Desks. Only patrons 18+ can fill out contest entries.
- Each completed form will enter you into our Monthly Prize Drawing! Read as much as you can -- there's no limit to monthly entries!
- If you complete any of our monthly challenges during the year, you are automatically entered into our GRAND PRIZE DRAWING. To win the Grand Prize, just attend at our Adult Reading Challenge End of the Year Celebration! One grand prize entry per patron.
- Feel free to ask a Librarian for monthly suggestions!
Read with a purpose. And for prizes. Remember -- we are here to help if you'd like suggestions!