Please note: The library will close at 5:00pm on Thursday, January 11 to allow staff to attend an annual New Years & Holiday Celebration.
Piscataway Library Impact Report
The Piscataway Library is heading into the last year of its 2015-2018 Strategic Plan and into a phase of planning for future goals and objectives. Check out the impact report which is an evaluation of how we have met our organizational mission statement and goals. We strive to continue to serve our community's needs!
The Piscataway Public Library Foundation Incorporated exists to support the Piscataway Public Library in all its endeavors.
Any gifts intended to benefit of the library and its community of users may be made through the Piscataway Public Library Foundation.
To Donate by Mail:Piscataway Public Library Foundation, Inc. 500 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854
To Donate Online: Click Here
For more information, visit the Piscataway Library Foundaton online.
Questions? Contact Kathleen DiGiulio for answers! Call 732-630-7497 or email email@example.com.
I LOVE MY PWAY LIBRARIES
Darshni, 16, remembers her dad coming to the library to take ESL classes when she was a child. While her dad was in classes, Darshni would browse books and look at the schedule of activities for children. "So, not only has the library impacted my family in that positive manner," she says, "but it has also impacted me in a positive manner."
Darshni joined the Teen Advisory Board (TAB) because she was upset that there was no programming with the library's sewing machines targeted for middle schoolers, and she wanted to voice her concerns. "[I originally joined TAB] to protest that, but it ended up being something really exciting and neat," says Darshni. "I really enjoy TAB because it allows us to bring parts of the community together in a fun way. And it's really nice seeing children's smile."
There are a lot of cool things that the library has implemented over the years, like the STAR Homework Club, which lets you use the [homework] computers as long as you need to for projects, which is really convenient especially if you don't have Internet at home. The library is a like the tree that never stops giving."
If you're a Piscataway Public Library user with your own story to share, tell us about it at https://piscatawaylibrary.org/content/share-your-story.
Attend new programs for your little ones at Westergard Library!
Check out our new weekly children's programs starting January 2
Back by Popular Demand: 2018 Adult Reading Challenge
Shake off the freeze and kick off 2018 by reading a book in January set in the Caribbean!
The rules are simple:
- During each month, read a book that fits the chosen challenge category. Recommendation lists are available both online and in print at either branch.
- After finishing a book, submit an Adult Reading Challenge entry form found at our Information Desks. Only patrons 18+ can fill out contest entries.
- Each completed form will enter you into our Monthly Prize Drawing! Read as much as you can -- there's no limit to monthly entries!
- If you complete any of our monthly challenges during the year, you are automatically entered into our GRAND PRIZE DRAWING. To win the Grand Prize, just attend at our Adult Reading Challenge End-of-the-Year Celebration! One grand prize entry per patron.
- Feel free to ask a librarian for monthly suggestions!
Read with a purpose. And for prizes. Remember -- we are here to help if you'd like suggestions! For more information, click here.