Are you in a reading rut? Or would you just like to start your year off by trying different types of books than what you normally choose? Let us help you expand your reading horizons with our READING CHALLENGE!
The challenge begins January 2017 and continues throughout the year. The rules are simple:
- You can include books in any language and any format.
- As you complete one month's challenge, fill out an entry form at the Information Desk to be entered for a chance to win a small prize each month. If you complete all 12 challenges, you will be entered to win a grand prize at the end of the year.
- Books must be read in the 2017 calendar year to qualify for entry.
- If you also write a review of the book in the Piscataway Recommends notebook near the Information Desk you will receive an additional entry form for that month.
- Feel free to ask a Librarian for suggestions or use any of our prepared booklists.
- Have fun and get out of your comfort zone! You may just discover some new favorite genres or authors!
Here are the monthly challenges!
January - Read a self-improvement book
February - Read an award-winning book (fiction or nonfiction)
March - Read a book about a culture you're unfamiliar with or set in a different country (fiction or nonfiction)
April - Read a funny book or a book of poems (your choice)
May - Read a memoir
June - Read a science fiction book
July - Read a book set in the summer (fiction or nonfiction)
August - Read a thriller
September - Read a NYT bestseller from the 1990's (fiction or nonfiction)
October - Read a book that will scare you (fiction or nonfiction
November - Read a book translated into English (fiction or nonfiction)
December - Read a Young Adult Book
We hope you enjoy this challenge! Remember-we are here to help if you'd like suggestions!